Enhance the Workforce
LeadingAge California will enhance and grow the workforce in all settings our members serve by building awareness about opportunities for pipeline development, recruitment, retention, and career growth to ensure increasing capacity to support the needs of older adults across all settings. LeadingAge California will create new pathways for workforce solutions through The Gateway-In Project© and other initiatives, including consideration new innovations for ‘technology as workforce’ such as AI and robotics.
LeadingAge California members rank the workforce shortage and crisis as their #1 priority. With population growth accelerating in the 65+ population, the demand for workers in all settings will escalate. Whether it is maintenance workers in senior affordable housing, nurses (RNs, LVNs) in home health and hospice, dietary workers in residential communities, certified nursing assistants in skilled nursing facilities, social workers in PACE and assisted living, or leaders in line for succession, there is a dearth of workers coming into and remaining in the field.
- Grow the workforce through public policy and regulatory change, education, pipeline development and partnerships that support workforce, innovation and sustainability.
- Create a full career lattice to include clinical and non-clinical positions for member organizations.
- Accelerate growth in leadership training to help assure member organizational sustainability.
- Build awareness about workforce opportunities in member settings.
- Provide innovative education and training through conferences, webinars and certificate programs.
Workforce Tools offered through LeadingAge Center for Workforce Solutions
Workforce Tools Workforce Crisis Recruitment Tools Promising Practice Workforce Podcast