Starting on Nov. 28, surveyors nationwide are required to use the new protocols and interpretive guidelines to determine compliance with federal requirements. The framework of the new process rests on the “human element,” which directs surveyors to use observations to assess a nursing home’s performance and practices.
- Consider how the new process blends elements of the traditional survey and the Quality Indicator Survey processes to determine whether a citation is appropriate.
- Understand how the new survey process will focus on residents and resident experiences and include observations, interviews, investigations, and tasks.
- Gain a better understanding of what you can expect when the survey team arrives at your door and the anticipated legal implications of the new computer-based survey process.
Who Should Attend?
Nursing home providers and life plan communities with health care centers that are surveyed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to determine compliance and may fall under 1 or more of the following job duties:
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Directors of Nursing
- Chief Operating Officers
- Policy and Legal
- Quality Improvement
- Executive Directors
Janine Finck-Boyle, director of health regulations and policy, LeadingAge
Janine is a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and is responsible for research and analysis of health policy and regulatory changes related to long-term care providers and in particular nursing homes.
Janet Feldkamp, partner, Benesch Law
Janet focuses her practice in the area of health care law, including long-term care survey and certification, state and federal regulation.
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for Continuing Education for 1.0 total clock hours from NAB/NCERS. Contact Emily Lubin for more information.
Registration Questions? Contact email@example.com or 1-866-898-2624 option 2.
Education webinars are designed around a timely issue or topic relevant to LeadingAge members. Registration fee includes CEs and Q&A time with speakers.
Recent webinars include:
• CMS Requirements of Participation: A Comprehensive Overview
• A Closer Look into the Revised Requirements of Participation for Nursing Homes
• HUD’s New 2530 Regulations: What it Means for Not-For-Profit Providers
• Complying with CMS Overpayment Rule
• Preparing for an Active Shooter Event: What You Can Do