LeadingAge California has released a series of technical briefs for members, which can be accessed on the LeadingAge California website. This member-only benefit is intended to provide a way to navigate common regulatory requirements.
The latest technical brief, titled, “Comparison of Requirements for the Use of Automated External Devices” was released earlier this week.
To date, we have posted ten technical briefs in the members-only section on the LeadingAge California website. The briefs include:
• Guide to Changes: The Federal Requirements of Participation for Long-Term Care Facilities
• End of Life Options Act
• Skilled Nursing Facility/Nursing Facility Medicare Emergency Preparedness Rule
• RCFE Absentee Notifications Plans/Elopement Policies and Procedures
• Resident Representation on Nonprofit CCRC Board of Director
• SNF Transfer and Discharges Policy and Procedures
• SB 219 Implementation Requirements: LGBT Long-Term Care Facility Resident Bill of Rights
• Certified Nursing Assistant Employment Requirements
• Certified Nursing Assistant Recertification Requirements
• Use of Referral Agencies in Multi-Level Communities (Federal Anti-Kickback States)
In addition to the technical briefs listed above, you can also find a LeadingAge California-produced skilled nursing facility compliance manual, as well as a guide to reporting elder abuse and neglect in all facility types.
All of these resources are free for members, excluding the Guide to Changes: The Federal Requirements of Participation for Long-Term Care Facilities, which can be purchased at a nominal price.
We strongly encourage all members to download these resources. You can access the Technical Briefs at https://www.leadingageca.org/techresources