LeadingAge California has released a series of technical briefs for members, which can be accessed on the LeadingAge California website. This member-only benefit is intended to provide a way to navigate common regulatory requirements.
To date, we have posted ten technical briefs in the members-only section on the LeadingAge California website. The briefs include:
- Guide to Changes: The Federal Requirements of Participation for Long-Term Care Facilities
- End of Life Options Act
- Skilled Nursing Facility/Nursing Facility Medicare Emergency Preparedness Rule
- RCFE Absentee Notifications Plans/Elopement Policies and Procedures
- Resident Representation on Nonprofit CCRC Board of Directors
- SNF Transfer and Discharges Policy and Procedures
- SB 219 Implementation Requirements: LGBT Long-Term Care Facility Resident Bill of Rights.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Employment Requirements
- Certified Nursing Assistant Recertification Requirements
- Use of Referral Agencies in Multi-Level Communities (Federal Anti-Kickback States).
In addition to the technical briefs listed above, you can also find a LeadingAge California-produced skilled nursing facility compliance manual, as well as a guide to reporting elder abuse and neglect in all facility types.
All of these resources are free for members, excluding the Guide to Changes: The Federal Requirements of Participation for Long-Term Care Facilities, which can be purchased at a nominal price.
We strongly encourage all members to download these resources. You can access the Technical Briefs at https://www.leadingageca.org/techresources