Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: President & CEO
The Executive Assistant serves as the key assistant to the President & CEO provides complete confidential, professional, and administrative support to the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant coordinates all governance related matters, serving as the liaison to the board of directors, manages administrative functions related to employee benefits and payroll, and assists the Finance Department with certain accounting duties. The Executive Assistant maintains strict confidentiality in all administrative, human resource, and governance matters. This person serves as the primary point of contact for the President & CEO, coordinating all correspondence, meetings and activities, and works in close collaboration with members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
1. Supports President & CEO and Association Governance
a. Coordinates all materials for boards, committees and task forces, accurately preparing and distributing materials according to timelines, and staffing each meeting as directed by the President & CEO
b. Manages annual Board of Directors nominations process
c. Manages annual committee participation process
2. Provides direct administrative support to the President & CEO, and designated others in a professional and confidential manner
3. Participates in executive administrative projects, including design, typing, copying and assembling reports, manuals and other executive level documents
4. Supports finance department with certain accounting functions related to accounts payable, audit support, corporate insurances, and archive system, specifically:
a. Processes/deposits checks; processes vendor payments and supporting documents
b. Codes accounts payable according to chart of accounts, inputs payables into Great Plains accounting system, verifies journals and mails checks
c. Provides staff support during audit process
d. Provides staff support compiling information for both tax returns and Form 990
e. Prepares 1099s
f. Manages corporate insurances
g. Manages archives system
5. Provides administrative support for employee benefits and payroll, including retirement, life, dental, medical, vision and flexible benefits.
a. Provides human resource support and related personnel issues.
b. 401k and 457b account management
c. Maintains relationship with TPA
d. Ensures employee handbook is current and compliant
6. Provides support for CalPACE staff
a. Manages monthly invoicing for office rental
b. Provides payroll and benefits services
c. Compiles data for monthly invoicing to CalPACE
7. Office management
• Manages daily operational activities
• Maintains and coordinates office security, repair and maintenance with designated vendors
• Maintains and coordinates, complying with LeadingAgeCA procedures, the office supply inventory
• Maintains relationship with landlord, repair and janitorial staff
• Assures office is always prepared for outside visitors in terms of cleanliness and readiness
8. Demonstrates an excellent customer service philosophy that emphasizes and supports LeadingAgeCA staff, board, members and external constituents
9. Supports LeadingAgeCA efforts to achieve organizational goals, mission and vision
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to coordinate with diverse constituents, including staff, board and members of LeadingAge California
• Excellent knowledge of the English language including correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation is required, as well as the ability to compose business correspondence
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard office systems, equipment, processes and procedures is required
• Demonstrated mastery of word processing, spreadsheet, graphic and database software to develop and prepare formats and/or design reports, memos and letters as needed/requested, and ability to enter approximately 100 WPM.
• Advanced knowledge of various computer software programs, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet and graphic software required
• Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail and organizational skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
2. Minimum of 5 years’ experience as executive assistance, board governance manager, and/or related administrative management experience
General office working conditions. Some travel required.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter to Jeannee Parker Martin, president & CEO, LeadingAge California: firstname.lastname@example.org.